ITMMA awards the first Doctorate in Transport and Maritime Economics
more info in Shipping Insights (January 2010).
The Ph.D. programme in Transport and Maritime Economics offers a thorough scientific training in the field of transport and maritime economics combined with a specific management training. The Ph.D. students will work and study in an institute where education, research and practical knowledge are closely linked. They will be introduced to a vast number of national and international experts, who are in close touch with ITMMA (e.g. guest lecturers). The special relationship that ITMMA has with numerous transport and maritime companies will allow the students to test their scientific knowledge against daily practice. These elements will guarantee that ITMMA will turn out high quality Ph.D.'s.
The Ph.D. in Transport and Maritime Economics will offer young university/college students the opportunity to:
- develop a university career;
- practice important research positions in companies and international organizations, both public and private;
- act as 'go-between' or 'intermediary' for science and practice;
- become a top executive in the industry and/or transport sector.
Those who obtain a Ph.D. in Transport and Maritime Economics at ITMMA have to be able to:
- do independent research in the field of transport economics;
- attract and supervise high-quality and /or revealing research;
- lecture on university level;
- link up connections between academic reasoning and practical needs;
- perform outstandingly in top-level managerial positions;
- offer solutions to important problems the transport and maritime industry is facing.